Last autumn Winchester’s second Green Week was a great success! More than 8000 people joined in with 60 events contributed by 40 organisations in the District!
We are excited to bring you three simple and creative projects for everyone to work on now in the run up to Winchester Green Week, 2020. We hope children and adults will have fun joining in at school or home in these last weeks of term or over the summer with:
- Letters of Longing – intergenerational letter writing about care for our planet
- Images of Hope – make a flag to add to a mass community bunting
- Sustainability Competition – from Winchester City Council (with prizes!)
Green Week is a festival that aims to highlight and enrich the growing movement in Winchester District towards sustainable ways of living. Our Summer Projects are a way for everyone to feel they can be part of:
- Learning about our impact on the planet
- Making positives changes to tackle climate change and protect the natural world
- Creatively responding to the greatest challenge of our time
- Using our voices and influence
Our Summer Projects pack is attached: Winchester Green Week 2020 Summer project pack. Please browse it to see details for how to get involved.
Although the context of the pandemic is impacting the shape of Winchester Green Week 2020, we’ve identified 3 ways LOADS of people can be involved in learning, creating and taking action together, to be part of something positive and future-looking.
Please get in touch if you have questions or want further information.
We hope you will enjoy getting involved.
From Jo, Janet, Clare, Richard, Paul, Mary and Jenny