On 25 May 2018 most processing of personal data by organisations will have to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation. We are committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you. Using personal information allows us to develop a better understanding of our customers and in turn to provide you with relevant and timely information about the work that we do. As a Registered Charity this also helps us to engage with potential donors and supporters.
BADGER FARM & OLIVER’S BATTERY RESIDENTS’ COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
COLLECTING OF AND PURPOSE FOR YOUR INFORMATION
We hold your details to enable us to manage the provision and ongoing support of the supply of our services. We hold your records if you have used our Community Association for booked events or in respect of general building and repair maintenance. Withholding of the required data may result in an insufficient service being provided. We may obtain data from individual customers or from contracting companies.
SHARING YOUR DATA
We may share your personal data with other likewise interested parties and as recommendations of specific contractors. We will not sell or share your information with any other third parties unless we have obtained additional consent from you.
YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING YOUR DATA
- We will not hold your information for any longer than is necessary and as a maximum no longer than 5 years after you have terminated as a client or hirer of the Community Centre unless there is a lawful basis for retention.
- Should your data be inaccurate we will rectify this without delay.
- Should you wish us to delete your data at any point, please contact the office as shown below to make the request. This will be actioned unless there is a lawful basis for us to retain the information in which case you will be advised accordingly.
- You can request access to your data at any time. We will provide you with a full copy within one month of your request.
- You can withdraw consent to us holding and processing your information at any time. Please contact the office as below should you wish to do this.
- We may provide you with updates and bulletins which are appropriate to your service on an ongoing basis – this will be explained to you if it is applicable. You can opt out of these should you wish to – contact us and advise us if you wish to.
We have in place a full information security policy, business continuity and disaster recovery plans. We can provide details on request.
Our website may from time to time contain links to and from partners’, advertisers’, affiliates’ and social network sites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these sites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those privacy policies before you submit any personal data to those websites as they may not be on the same terms as ours.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
Should you wish to contact us in relation to any issues within this notice, please contact:
Badger Farm Community Centre,
Badger Farm Road,
Telephone: 01962 868630
You will be responded to as promptly as possible.
YOUR RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
Should you wish to make a complaint in relation to data protection issues relating to our organisation, you can contact us as above or you can contact the Information Commission’s Office website.
We are required under the Regulations to obtain your consent to our collection, processing, sharing and holding of your personal data. Please ensure you have read this notice fully and accept all that it contains. If you have any queries, please contact us directly. Please contact us should you not be able to read or understand this notice sufficiently.